Franchising with Hobo
Hobo is a leading cannabis lifestyle brand that’s pushing the socioeconomic shift of medicinal to recreational cannabis. We aim to set in motion the popularization of cannabis into mainstream culture while proudly practicing progressive and sustainable core values. Hobo is always looking at creative ways to expand our brand and culture.
We are opening stores across Canada with emphasis on BC, Alberta and Ontario through 2020.
Hobo supports our franchisees with operational best practices, marketing, leases, licensing, banking and more.
The Value of Franchising
Strong brand recognition has been the key to many successful franchises in Canada. Franchising with a company that has first-mover advantage in developing brand equity is a jump start to success over the competition. By joining the team, you’re adding to this differentiable strength.
Hobo has an in-house team dedicated to the success of our franchisees. This team will help with, but not limited to, the following aspects of establishing a franchise location:
- Provincial and municipal applications
- Location scouting and vetting
- Lease negotiations
- Community strategy
- Architectural drawings
- Floor-plan and interior design
- Financial budgeting and cost projections
- Commercial banking
- Training manuals and SOPs
- Security protocols
- Marketing programs:
- Inclusion on hobo.ca
- Google indexing and MyBusiness
- Public relations
- Promotional, age-gated digital platforms
- Social media
- Access to our service partnerships
We're interested in working with self-motivated partners with sharp business acumen, a professional work ethic and financial accountability.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience such as:
- Retail industry (cannabis or otherwise)
- Entrepreneurship, ie. has owned and operated a business
- Immediate commitment
- Strong knowledge of the community in which the potential location resides
Capital investments can range from $400,000 to $1MM CAD depending on a number of conditional factors:
- Scale of the operation and location
- Lease terms and utilities
- Scope of design and renovation
- Provincial and municipal application fees
- Merchandising and store finishings
- Initial inventory requirements
- Professional services: legal, accounting, architectural
- Working capital
Interested to learn more about franchise opportunities with us? Please email us with some information about yourself including background on business experience and rational in your desire to enter the non-medical cannabis retail space.