Franchising with Hobo
Hobo is a leading cannabis lifestyle brand that’s pushing the socioeconomic shift of medicinal to recreational cannabis. We aim to set in motion the popularization of cannabis into mainstream culture while proudly practicing progressive and sustainable core values. Hobo is always looking at creative ways to expand our brand and culture.
We aim to open 15+ the provinces of BC, Alberta and Ontario in 2019. Our mission is to develop strong brand presence across 8 Canadian provinces by the fourth quarter of 2021.
Our franchisees have full support from Hobo with any high-level facets of operations. Lease/property acquisition, licensing, banking, staffing; among other pinch points of a new retail cannabis industry will all be streamlined. You’ll be able to focus on your day-to-day business knowing that there’s a team of expert professionals on your side.
The Value of Franchising
Strong brand recognition has been the key to many successful franchises in Canada. Franchising with a company that has first-mover advantage to developing brand equity is a jump start to success over the competition. By joining the team, you’re adding to this differentiable strength.
Hobo has an in-house team dedicated to the success of our franchisees. This team will help with, but not limited to, the following aspects of establishing a franchise location:
- Provincial and municipal applications
- Location scouting and vetting
- Lease negotiations
- Community strategy
- Architectural drawings
- Floor-plan and interior design
- Financial budgeting and cost projections
- Commercial banking
- Training manuals and SOPs
- Security protocols
- Marketing programs:
- Inclusion on hobo.ca
- Google indexing and MyBusiness
- Public relations
- Promotional, age-gated digital platforms
- Social media
- Access to our partnerships:
- Bank of Montreal
- MacMillan LLP
- Rising Tide Consultants
We're interested in working with self-motivated partners with sharp business acumen, a professional work ethic and financial accountability.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience such as:
- Retail industry (cannabis or otherwise)
- Entrepreneurship, ie. has owned and operated a business
- Immediate commitment
- Strong knowledge of the community in which the potential location resides
Capital investment can range from $300,000 - $500,000 CAD depending on a number of conditional factors:
- Scale of the operation and location
- Lease terms and utilities
- Scope of design and renovation
- Provincial and municipal application fees
- Merchandising and store finishings
- Initial inventory requirements
- Professional services: legal, accounting, architectural
- Working capital
Interested to learn more about franchise opportunities with us? Please email us with some information about yourself including background on business experience and rational in your desire to enter the non-medical cannabis retail space.